Oakland Business Law Firm Protects Innovators and Entrepreneurs
Bay Oak Law stands tall for small business
At Bay Oak Law, we have proudly served individuals, small business owners, entrepreneurs and startups throughout the San Francisco Bay Area since 1998. Our attorneys focus on finding practical solutions for conflicts involving employees, customers, contractors or businesses. We also advise our clients on ways to avert future disputes by establishing effective contracts policies. Based in Oakland, our legal team knows the ins and outs of California business law and is familiar with all the courts in the region.
Big firm skills, small firm touch
Startups and even established small businesses are often at a disadvantage in legal disputes. Our firm works to level the playing field by delivering the robust legal resources of a big law firm along with the personalized service of a boutique practice. Drawing on more than two decades of business law experience throughout the Bay Area, our attorneys are known for offering the following:
- Personalized service — Each person and business has their own set of goals and challenges. We work closely with our clients to understand their unique needs.
- Reliable counsel —When you hire our firm, you can depend on stalwart representation. We provide responsive, committed support, so you can count on us when you need us.
- Reputable representation — Our past clients and professional colleagues throughout the community know us as ethical, trustworthy legal representatives.
Our firm aims to resolve legal matters efficiently while minimizing the hassle for our clients.
Skilled lawyers guide clients through arbitration, mediation and litigation
At Bay Oak Law, we settle cases outside of court when that is the best way to secure an optimal result for our client. However, if litigation becomes necessary, you can count on our determined representation in court. We are experienced in handling legal challenges relating to the following types of matters:
- Small business litigation — With a focus on serving client companies with up to 50 employees, we provide strong advocacy in lawsuits alleging business torts, unfair trade practices and other causes of action. Our small business litigation practice frequently utilizes alternative dispute resolution methods, such as arbitration and mediation, to deliver positive results with minimal expense.
- Contract litigation — We represent clients in a wide variety of contract claims, involving disputes over sales of commercial goods and services, real estate and equipment leases, commercial loans, insurance, employment and partnership agreements. If you are accused of violating a contract or are seeking damages from a breaching party, we provide aggressive advocacy to protect your contractual rights. Regardless of how complex or contentious a disagreement can be, we often find creative, effective solutions through alternative dispute resolution methods, saving our clients time and expense.
- Labor and employment law — If an employee accuses your business of sexual harassment, wage and hour violations, wrongful termination or other improper conduct, our labor and employment law attorneys are prepared to defend your interests through negotiation or litigation.
- Intellectual property — When you need to safeguard your idea, trade secret, creative work or invention, we can help. Our knowledgeable attorneys advise businesses on patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other forms of intellectual property, representing IP owners and others defending against infringement allegations.
When you choose Bay Oak Law, our team of hardworking attorneys and support staff is committed to helping you succeed. You can rely on us to conduct thorough research and carefully assemble evidence to support your legal position. If warranted, we consult subject matter experts to clarify the issues and help build a more persuasive case.
Contact an accomplished Oakland business litigator to arrange a free consultation
The proactive attorneys at Bay Oak Law in Oakland, California assert and protect the rights of clients throughout the Bay Area. We develop conflict resolution strategies and also provide skilled advocacy during litigation. To schedule a free initial consultation, call us at 510-208-5500 or contact us online.